Thursday, April 1, 2010

The sorry state of hostels and How I met a Thief..

It was a normal day like any other day I had in Room.. Me and Viswanath were asleep..

It was 6am in the morning, the time at when the alarm Rings and when I postpone it to the 10th Minute.. We all have done this postponing during schoolings, college and even now.. That 10 minutes feel like giving you the essence of sleep..

A friend from the next room knocked the door and asked for Iron box at 6am that day.. After he left, I, as usual closed the door but dint lock it.. It is a usual routine we follow in room.. Once the door is opened, we do close it but dont lock it, as friends often come to my room..

Viswanth was asleep, I was Half-Slept and the door was not locked but Closed..

I am not sure whether I have got any Instinct or Psychic ability but I felt that some stranger is in room. This woke me up and wanted me to check out room, So did I..

As I turned towards Visu's bed, I saw a hand picking Visu's Cell phone from his bed, I couldn't even realise the situation and Within no time to react, That person disappeared from my room..

5PC Cherry Finish Hardwood Eastern King Size Sleigh Bed Complete Bedroom Set

I ran out of my room and there was no one in the corridor but I could saw a person rushing towards the ground floor in the stair-case.. I rushed myself and I caught him at the reception of my mansion..

Well.. The reception had the manager and a room boy.. Manager was doing Pooja and the boy, cleaning the floor..

Me holding the Collar of the Thief, Manager and Room boy watching it, but dint come forward to help me..

Pacsafe Urban & Leisure CommutaSafe 100 Anti-theft Business Computer Bag - Black

The thief was so muscular like Bollywood heroes, and just a push made me fall down and he started running out of mansion.. I got up and started chasing him, wearing only Shorts and Topless..

As I was chasing him, He took out something from his pant pocket and did throw it.. I could, from a distance, be able to identify that it was my Friend's Cell that he had stolen from room..

Thinking I got Visu's cell back, I, with a sigh of relief, approached where it was thrown and stopped chasing the thief, letting him go..

To my surprise, It was my cell and not Visu's, which made me realise that he first took my cell when I dint notice it, and when he picks up Visu's cell, I happened to notice him..

So throwing out my cell from his left pocket, the thief ran away with Visu's cell inside his right pocket..

Pacsafe Slingsafe 200 Anti-Theft Sling Purse, Taupe

Collecting the battery, the back cover, I rearranged my cell but it dint get turned on.. Went back to room, and still Visu was sleeping, told him that an intruder had stolen his cell, he, disbelieving what I said, without any reaction, turned the other side and went to sleep again..

This is the state of the art facility that Mansions, Mens and Womens hostel provide here.. If you are not aware, you lose your things..

That reminds me of, a Man intruding into a room at a women's hostel.. Thankfully my friend was not there in her room at that night, she was in office, doin night shift..

No comments:

Post a Comment